Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Anything to do with the 50pc Epoch Server Specifically. Report Bugs here.
Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Postby Floyd » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Ok. Because I like to pull my hair out, gnash my teeth, and claw my eyeballs out, I've put up an A3 Epoch server. At the moment, its an Altis map. Mainly because its stock and easier for me to fool with while I learn (and I'm ssooo tired of Chernarus).

Have a few things installed, but tweaking some others.

The name: The Machine|Epoch...blah blah...I forget.
The IP is: 74.91.112.139
Standard port: 2302

PW: Floyd

Feel free to go on an learn about building. Watch out for AI. At present there is only a heli supply drop, but I"ll be adding AI missions in the next day or two.

I'll never be about spawning so much loot that there is no player vs environment feel. The next update (in a week or two) may have all this work having to be redone. Anyway, go on and give it a try.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Postby Floyd » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

My latest endeavor has been to get a Headless Client started up to run AI missions to take the load off the server. I spent hours (days actually) trying this, changing that, following these instructions, then those.....Long story short, I could not get a HC to run. I reached out to the epochmod.com forums and within minutes a guy (MillerTIme) pm'd me with an offer to help. So I took him up on it. He went through all the start up files (updated my functional but outdated .bat file language...its been a while for me :oops: ), made a change here, tried this change there. To no avail. He said he'd run into this 3x this week and redownloaded the server files. He moved pertinent stuff over from the old location and VOILA!. The headless client connected. He said that now made 4x... 8-) Very strange. Made me feel not quite so dumb. And I'll be the first to admit, I'm ARMA server ignorant.

If you see a guy named MillerTime, say "Hi" from Floyd. Nice guy. Spent over an hour working on it. Knows his stuff and gave me a few pointers as well. I am forever in his debt.

MB42

Postby MB42 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Ah... I always used to enjoy "MillerTime".... but then I got married :lol:

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:57 pm

On with the saga...

I've now got a stats page for the server. Its in a funky java (and mobile/tablet) type UI interface. The look is becoming prevalent on the internet. I, personally, don't like the style, but I'm not knocking the coding and zupa's extraordinary talents. And today just got a rudimentary database web client running (also from zupa). The hardest part (literally) was uploading the files to the webserver. I've got a link to the stats on the main page (soon to be on the other pages, if I remember to put up the link). Hell, for the lazy, here it is: Stats

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm

OK, I know I'm late to the party but after playing on Ninja's ARMA 2 Epoch server I wanted to see how Arma 3 was. I have downloaded Arma3 and went to the workshop to get the Epoch mod which is installed. I tried to connect to your server but it said something about wrong version. I'm running Arma 1.52 and Epoch 0.3.3. I see something about terrain pack 1.41, which I'm downloading now and hoping that will fix the problem but wanted to check and see if there was anything else I needed.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:37 pm

I haven't been on in ages. :oops: I'll have to check the version numbers. There may well have been an update. Let me know if you had any luck. I won't be able to try until late this evening (I just finished harvest).

When you get the AiA Terrain pack, be sure to download it from the Epoch website and not with CCG's browser. They have a bad habit of adding a file that prevents you from joining a server not running "their" version of the Terrain pack. Its a minor thing, but they seem to refuse to address the issue as it prevents a lot of people from joining any servers but theirs. Long story, I'll not rant.

EDIT****

Ok, there was a version update on 9/15/15. I'll have to try and get that uploaded and installed this evening. Sorry....

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks Floyd. No need to be sorry though, I just appreciate you still doing all of this stuff. I started the AIA terrain pack but it is super slow so I'm not sure it will be finished before I crash tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Yeah, the AiA terrain pack is the killer and will probably be the death of Arma3 Epoch (unless some new stock maps come out). Its a massive download and will have updates.

I haven't fooled with Epoch/Arma3 in more than a few months, so I'm rusty on the setup. I'm downloading the updates now. If I fubar the thing, it may just have to wait until tomorrow. I always said I wouldn't run a DayZ/Epoch server, yet I am. Its a PIA and requires 24/7 attention. Fun to play, bitch to admin and run a server properly, though.......

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 pm

I've got it up and running. I have to relearn my keybinds..... :o

Saw you trying to connect, Slasher.

Easiest way is as follows:

With the default Arma3 Launcher, select: Parameters
click on the three dots to the right of MODS. Find @Epoch and click on it.
click on the three dots again. FInd @allinarmaterrainpack and click on it.
Be sure the box MODS is white.
Make the nosplash box white.
Click on Play.

The parameters line should look like: @Epoch;@allinarmaterrainpack

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Bah,
Since update, loot not working, cannot search items, can't kill AI. I'll have to look into it a little later.

Return to “ARMA 3 Epoch Server”