Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Anything to do with the 50pc Epoch Server Specifically. Report Bugs here.
Slasher

Re: ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Postby Slasher » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Well I got in and was able to search around for quite a while but need to do some research on how to do things in the game. Sometimes I would walk up to something and see search, hit the space bar and it would search. Other times I would walk up to something and hit the space bar and search would come up but it would never search. It was like the space bar was toggling the search menu on and off but would never search and I couldn't figure out how to get it to search at that point.

Anyway thanks for getting it going and I'll see about getting the guys over to play on it. I would think six_ten, fang and MB would. Don't know if Ninja would since Dr.NO doesn't have ARMA3.

EDIT: Just saw your message when I went to post. Thanks again Floyd.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Yeah, something is fubar. Best we get it corrected before getting people over and leaving a bad taste in their mouths.

I did find my microphone problem. Ever since I "upgraded" to Windows 10, I've had nothing but problems. I knew better than to install over an older version, but I didn't have the patience to do a clean install......live and learn.

Things are slower for me now, but still busy. I'll try my best to get the server up to snuff by the weekend.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:39 pm

So I have spent some time over the past day or two messing with this. It seems that searching and inventory is hit and miss. Some times I can search but others I can't. It is kind of hit and miss but I know the command button (space bar) is working because I can pretty much always open doors.

I found a pallet in the middle of the road when I was driving a truck but couldn't find a way to load it up or even unpack it. I also found a dog and was going to try to help him or make him mine but couldn't figure out how to interact with him. I actually added some of my important stuff from my inventory to the pallet and then couldn't get it back...

Oh well, not sure if this is the problems you are having or my lack of understanding of how to play the game. Just wanted to let you know what was happening in case it was not me. The inventory system in ARMA doesn't seem to be all that great or I just haven't caught on to it yet.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 pm

No, its not you. Its a fubar'd update of the game I did. I just haven't had time to look into it yet. The search interactions that don't work involve those that require animations.

If I have time tomorrow, what I'll probably do is just put up the stock epoch without any of the 'bells and whistles'. Then I can add them as time permits. But, at least then, the game will work as intended. The problem with A3 Epoch is that its ever evolving and every update requires any added scripts, mods, or anti-cheat filters to be updated as well. Its a viscous cycle that never lets the admin play...... :shock:

You can befriend the dog by feeding it. (But if you can't find food because the search function doesn't work, then you can't......) The dog then follows you around and supposedly warns you of danger. I always thought it gave my position away, but I don't know if others hear it bark.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks Floyd. Again, take your time if you have any time for this at all and want to mess with it. My post yesterday was more informative than anything.

It seems to be an interesting game and when they guys wanted me to get on with them I figured I didn't have time to waste just running around collecting stuff but after playing in it for a while and then seeing how good it can look on your server it changed my mind.

Thanks again.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Well, the great thing about Epoch is that you can build stuff. I don't know if Ninja's Server is an Epoch server or not, but it adds another dimension to the game.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:39 pm

It was an Epoch server but I think he only kept it for like a month or so and then let it go.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I can't seem to find the problem. Its going to take some digging. Rather than ruin the name and the experience, I'm going to pull it until I have time to figure it out (or Bman returns).

Wow, I just looked over the Epoch website and searched the browser. I was going to recommend a server or two, but I don't see any of the ones I used to go to. HighTimeGamerz (or something) has a PVE (player vs Environment) server up. A guy named MillerTime always had some cool mods and stuff. I don't see a post from DirtySanchez (the DonkeyPunch server admin) since July. I can't find his server anywhere either. Makes me wonder.

MGT still has and ALTIS and a Cherno server up. Your ping might be a little high, but they usually have a good server.

Arma3 modded servers are such a PIA. Arma changes, the anti-hack changes, the mod changes and so often its a complete redo of all the files you just did a month ago.......Then the addons are updated and changed daily by the authors. Its a never ending cycle. I used to enjoy it, but it seems I"ve lost my patience, lol.

There are so many problems on the [50pc], I don't know where to start. Thought I had the search fixed, but I don't. Still can't kill AI. Sometimes the AI doesn't even respond to your presence. Going to have to just start fresh with a vanilla server.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:27 pm

I understand completely. You'd think that they would want to get the servers running stable and then not update them all the freaking time. I understand the mods but you would think they would be they same way keeping the server stable. I'll look around for those other servers or drop back to ARMA 2 if need be.

The search was going great the other day then I got a weapon in my hand and it stopped completely. I could still open doors and get in vehicles but it took a while for the search to come back. Speaking of the AI, I was running up to an ammo cache at an airport and saw something running in the distance. It was the first time I saw anything else moving on the server, kinda freaked me out, and then they disappeared. I started looking around for them once I got closer and found them in one of the big steel crates with both doors open and they were just looking at the wall. I walked up to them and got in their line of sight but nothing seemed to work. It was pretty funny.

Oh well, thanks for checking it out and I'll keep an eye on here to see when it's running again.

Thanks again Floyd,

Slasher

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Might be making some progress. It may have been something as simple as the database needing to be wiped. (yet another thing that runs people off....work to build and then everything gets taken away.) Or the database could have simply been corrupted. Didn't try a backup as I'm sure no one had anything ( how could they?).

I think the loot is fixed. :?: Be reminded that just because you get "object looted" doesn't mean there will always be loot there. I'm talking about trash cans, garbage piles, mail boxes, etc. Chairs, tarps, cabinets, couches, etc, almost always have something.

Return to “ARMA 3 Epoch Server”