Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Anything to do with the 50pc Epoch Server Specifically. Report Bugs here.
Slasher

Re: ARMA 3 Epoch Server

Postby Slasher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Seems much better now, thanks so much. Couple of quick questions.

Do you know how to show yourself on your map? I though it was there when I first installed it so I may have turned it off somehow.
Are all survivors you encounter hostile? Just about every time I saw someone they started shooting.
What's up with the armless man running around. Scared the fucking shit out of me!!! I kept shooting it but it didn't do anything until it got close to me, then it exploded.

Everything ran much better all of the inventory was working right and I was able to swap things back and forth.

Thanks again Floyd.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:04 pm

There are several types 'zombies' (for lack of better term). The sapper (armless guy...perhaps two variants), cloak, a UAV that will fly overhead and if you hear a modem sound will spawn AI that will hunt you.

The skinny sapper will always try to come up behind you. If he gets close enough he will explode. The fat sapper I've not dealt with much, as he's new. He has a really big explosion. If you kill one of them, most of the time they will emit a green gas. Do not go near it, it is toxic (as are snakes). After the smoke dissipates, you can search the body.

Also, if you kill any of the AI currently on the server, look around for krypto near them. It'll look like a cell phone. Its money, take it and put it in the bank (more on that later). When you're looking at it you'll see "Take Krypto." Sometimes its a really small area you have to zero in on.

Still lots of AI. I don't know where they are coming from. I thought I took most of them out. I'll have to see.

Floyd

edit**

Something with one of the mods is fubar'ing the server. I'll narrow it down a bit tomorrow hopefully. Bman has some really neat buildings and map additions that are really nice. I'd like to at least get that up.

RE: where you are on the map. You can't see exactly, but if you'll press the little circle up top on the right of the map screen title bar, it will center the map on your location. Not really useful, but will give you a vague idea. Finding a GPS unit will give you your co-ordinates. You can (semi) triangulate positions on the map as well. I think its shift-mouse click to put a way point on the map. Do that a couple of times and you can get an idea of where you are as well. Or at least how far it is to get to where you want to go.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Cool,thanks so much Floyd. I was on for a while last night and had quite a fun time. At one point I saw a helicopter but never found out where it came from.

Yeah that sapper freaked me out. He wasn't really paying much attention to me, just running random patterns but then he zeroed in on me and I started unloading on him. Needless to say he made it pretty close and exploded, Luckily I had just found a med kit so I healed myself up pretty quick. I appreciate the advice. Probably will not be able to get on tonight but I'm off Thursday and Friday for fall break and can hopefully get on then.

Thanks again.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Just an FYI Floyd. It seems like the inventory system is messed up again. I was able to search when I first started but after about 10 minutes or so it went back to the way it was initially where I could see search but it disappeared when I clicked it.

Thanks,

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:32 pm

<sigh> Thanks for the heads up.

I'm so tired from harvest, my butt is dragging. I need a day off...lol.
I'll see what I can come up with.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:43 pm

OK.

Version 3.4 is up. Its a pretty major update. Other than dawn to dusk server time, slightly increased loot and a few deleted vehicles, I've got the server 100% stock. In about 10 minutes I was kitted up with food and weapons and found a vehicle.

I'll be adding back the various third party scripts as my time permits and the authors update them.

This is the first weekend (or even day) I've had off in about 90 days....and of course my wife is all about going out. To top it off, there is a full weekend of "obligations" that I can no longer use the "I have to work" excuse on. (All I want is some me time...... :| )

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Thanks Floyd, I really appreciate it. Waiting for the mechanic to call so I can go pick up the van but hoping to get on once I get back from that.

Sounds like a weekend full of "work" for you now that all of the other work is done... Hopefully you can get some time soon.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:43 pm

I have discovered where a lot of the Epoch hardcore server owner's have gone. A mod called Exile: http://www.exilemod.com/

I found the DonkeyPunch servers running both Altis and Chernarus. I only played for a few minutes, he mods pretty heavy, so I'm not sure what was stock and what was third party script.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:18 am

I'll check out that exile mod. You thinking about going that way?

How long you plan to keep the Epoch server going?

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:14 am

I don't know what the exile mod has to offer that epoch doesn't. I need to get on a stock server. On the Donkeypunch server there were bandit and hero status, but I know DirtySanchez was scripting his epoch server that way. I think, too, there is a plot pole vs a jammer.

Anyway, no, I'm not planning on going the Exile route at the present time. Waaay too many servers running it. Epoch 3.4 is a MAJOR update and really looks like its taking shape. Lots of recipe's for crafting stuff. I'll keep the server up for a while. I'll eventually get a lot of free time and I'll get the urge to dabble again (if I'm not iRacing :geek: ).

Return to “ARMA 3 Epoch Server”