Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

Red Orchestra -Heroes of the West Mod

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red Orchestra -Heroes of the West Mod

Postby Floyd » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 am

Ironic that Red Orchestra would be included under "Other games".......

Anyhow, there is a new mod out that pits the Americans against the Germans. A sort of Darkest Hour mod.
You can find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/
Scroll down and expand the section titled: Heroes of the West Mod
It will download the mod. All you have to do is start up Rising Storm multiplayer and look for maps that begin with WF(?). (I forget the exact letters, but you'll figure it out) :oops: . Depending upon the map you choose, there may or may not be a lengthy map download.

I played the Omaha Beach map and then another that I don't recall the name of. I haven't played RO/RS in YEARS, so I was trying to relearn keystrokes and command choices, etc. What was funny to me were the complaints from the players about the Omaha Beach map. I was on the American team, so it was a grind. We never got off the beach. As it should have been. The mod had been out for less than a day and no-one knew the map. Oh, the bitching about how it needed to be rebalanced; how this map would empty a server; how come all we get is a rifle; we should have....; mommy didn't tuck me in....... :( Pitiful. To be fair, there were a few 'veteran's on that actually played the original RO that tried (but to no avail) to explain that it supposed to be hard and your not supposed to win every time....this is RO. Sad....really, really sad.

It was fun playing the game. If I didn't have other things taking up all my time, I'd probably play a little more.

Slasher

Re: Red Orchestra -Heroes of the West Mod

Postby Slasher » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 pm

I played it for a while the other day and had a lot of fun with it, other than the part of getting my butt kicked...

Shows lots of potential though.

MB42

Postby MB42 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Floyd wrote:Ironic that Red Orchestra would be included under "Other games".......
Anyhow....
..... no-one knew the map....."

IT'S AN F'ING BEACH - WHAT IS THERE TO KNOW :P

Feucht

Postby Feucht » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am

Honestly, the world needs a new Red Orchestra game. I'm sick and tired of lesser shooters.

Return to “Other Games”