Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

Board Styles

Add your tips and suggestions for the forums.
Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Board Styles

Postby Floyd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm

This is the newest version of phpbb's bulletin board. As such, styles are slow in coming out. While it needs some fine tuning, I like the features of the default board style. However, feel free to go to your User Control Panel/Board Preferences and try out the standard Pro-silver or the other styles that are installed. I'm looking for some unique extensions (features) coming out from the author of the PBTech style. He's a phpbb forums developer and knows his way around. He is apparently a big WoW fan, so most of his stuff is WoW oriented.

Post ideas and suggestions.
Post style sheet and css resume's as well... :P

EDIT:
You no longer have to go to your user profile to select a style. In the upper right hand corner (for now :) ) of the header is a box where you can select the style you like. Enjoy.

MB42

Re: Board Styles

Postby MB42 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Ah... thanks. Changing to ProSilver got rid of that clunky "block" style menu system and gave me back the older (but better IMO) "list" style.

MB

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:59 pm

If you notice in the upper right corner there is now an option to change styles immediately without having to go to your profile.

This new version of phpBB has a lot of nifty new features (called extensions) that are very easy to install and activate/deactivate. That option to change styles is an example. Another is the "recent topics" panel. I liked how it was on the right in PBTech and is one of the reason I defaulted to it.

Another feature it is the preview topic extension. When your mouse hovers over the topic, you 'll see the first post (and maybe the last, too. I forget how I have it set up.).

I'm a few lessons into learning html5 and css. I'm hoping to learn enough to create my own style.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Have added several new board styles.

SE Square Left is a style that puts the forum poster on the left side of the post.

Return to “Forum Tips and Suggestions”