Anyone interested in team play in PlayerUnderground's Battleground?

iracing

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

iracing

Postby Floyd » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:53 am

I've always had a passion for cars and road racing. By chance, I happened upon http://www.iracing.com and began just browsing through some of info found on the forums. Many of these guys are indeed race car drivers and use this sim to learn tracks and techniques. Some have as much as $20k in their personal (not commercial) rigs. Fascinating world that I didn't know existed.

Long story short.....

Here is what I've been up to the past month in-between running a combine or cotton picker and sleeping....Building and painting

Image Image

Couldn't wait to try it out (along with a new computer build). Wife caught me playing. I still have work to do on it. Mount the keyboard holder, mount the monitor, mount the shifter, etc. But its functional as is.

My goal is to eventually add two more monitors for a triple monitor set up. And were it not for the dismal crop year, I'd go with G-Sync 144 hz monitors. But alas, just some cheap 60hz 27in monitors will have to do. Its been fun, and now I get to race and modify.....modify and race.....shell out more cash.....modify some more; race some more.....get schooled by the pros......repeat ad nauseum.

MB42

Re: iracing

Postby MB42 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Very nice. We have an "adventure/entertainment" (I don't know what to call it) store here that has iRacing in a rig like yours with triple monitors. I haven't tried it yet.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Triples are definitely in the plans...

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Very cool Floyd. Those G-sync 144's would be very nice. I have been looking at the Acer XB270HU bprz (never thought of them as top of the line) and holy crap they are expensive. Seems they are really doing good with their top of the line gaming monitors so that is nice to get some competition out there.

Where did you get you racing seat from? A secretary in our office has a husband that builds and sells these along with computers and I believe it all ships out of Memphis. She's not there anymore but it was always cool talking to her hearing about all the cool stuff they got to put together.

Floyd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Floyd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Its a ProCar seat by Scat. http://procarbyscat.com/
It wasn't all that cheap and tbh, really isn't all that comfortable. I thought I'd ordered the cloth version, but I got the vinyl with cloth. It can get a bit hot during a long race.

I really guess I should have gone to the junk yard and bought a used car/truck seat. If a 2015 Chev Z-71 bucket seat would work, I'd get one of those. Everytime I get in my truck I think how comfortable the seat is. Especially after a long day and my back is hurting.

If I go the 144 hz G-sync variety, I'll also have to upgrade my GPU. Lets see, ($+600x3) + $600 = I'll buy three cheap 27in Acer 60hz for now.... :lol:

Would be nice though.

Slasher

Postby Slasher » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Come on Floyd, it's only money... You have to have a money tree out there along with everything else you grow! :lol:

Return to “Other Games”